Got*City GAME! is a web-based reality TV program promoting attraction and retention of talent to Northeast Ohio delivered through a Collaborative Community Engagement among Regional Colleges, Businesses and Civic Organizations.
Got*City GAME! is the first show of the UNcomnTV Network, a web-based network with shows for the emerging workforce that showcase college, career and community. You can look forward to many future community programs that will connect, educate and inform college-aged individuals and young professionals about the employment and educational resources in Northeast Ohio.
Self-Sustaining Civic Initiative
The Got*City GAME! program and the web-media network are self-sustaining through sponsorships and advertising. In an effort to do more with less, the initiative reduces costs and consolidates resources through collaborative partnerships with civic organizations, colleges and universities. A portion of proceeds are donated to the UNcomnTV Foundation www.uncomntvfoundation.org which underwrites scholarships and internships as well as collaborative community engagement.
Goals for Got*City GAME!
1. Encourage economic development with a webTV show that puts our region in a positive national spotlight.
2. Use the show as a viral megaphone to get the good news out about our region with a fun show that will drive positive impressions for Cleveland and Northeast Ohio with increased awareness.
3. Create jobs through internships and give college “media/production” students practical experience with a Hollywood-esque type of reality show – and a great project to list on their resume before they even graduate.
4. Give away college scholarships – without restriction - that will be available for all students enrolled in college (including MBA programs).
5. Engage college students and young professionals with a show that a). promotes their school, b). allows them to become contestants, c). gives them a chance to win prizes when voting for the teams and d). allows them to become engaged in the production process.
6. Excite people with all the great aspects of downtown living through the game content and prizing.
7. Provide a platform for Collaborative Community Engagement which enables partners to participate in a project that will deliver a solid, positive outcome for our community.